Recipe By: Deborah Mele
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 Veal Scallopini
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Large Egg Plus 3 Tablespoons Of Milk
- 1 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 to 3 Cups fresh Arugula
- 1 Cup Ripe Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese Shavings
- If the scallopine are not of equal thickness, pound them gently with a meat mallet.
- Dip the veal pieces in flour, then in the egg beaten with the milk, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour to ensure the breadcrumbs adhere well to the meat.
- In a frying pan large enough to hold the veal pieces, heat the 2 tablespoons oil and butter until sizzling.
- Cook the scallopine quickly over medium high heat until lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the veal from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place the veal on a platter and the top with the arugula and the tomatoes cut into half.
- Squeeze the lemon over the dish, and drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Season with salt & pepper, and then top with the Parmesan shavings.
Posted in General