Veal Scallopine with Asparagus from Framed Cooks.
(Serves: 4 servings)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil
- 1 pound thin veal cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 420. Place asparagus on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Season veal with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Heat 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat and cook veal for two minutes on each side. Remove veal from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to pan along with wine and lemon juice and bring to simmer.
- Place veal in baking dish, top with asparagus and sliced mozzarella and run under broiler until cheese melts. Top with pan sauce.
Posted in Meal Ideas with Veal