Veal Sabrosa, recipe courtesy of http://www.food.com/recipe/veal-sabrosa-470455
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 41 minutes
Total Time: 51 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. veal cutlets (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Chablis wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef consommé, canned diluted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine cheese, flour, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Dredge the veal in the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil in a large skillet for 1 minute — do not overcook or burn! Add veal, and cook until browned. Remove and discard the garlic halves.
- Add the wine, consommé, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer veal to a serving platter and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
“Internal links within this document are funded and maintained by the Beef Checkoff. All other outgoing links are to websites maintained by third parties.”
Posted in Meal Ideas with Veal