Serves: 4 – 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 20 -25 minutes
Portobello Mushroom Caps:
- 12 Portobello mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons Canola oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire black pepper blend
- 16 ounces veal, ground
- 10 ounces mushrooms, chopped fine
- 3 ounces bread crumbs
- 3 ounces milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Remove the stems from the mushroom and use them as part of the chopped mushroom mixture, below. Using a tablespoon, scrape out the gills from underneath the mushrooms and discard. Combine all the ingredients for the Portobello mushrooms and toss lightly.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the veal, chopped mushrooms, bread crumbs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper and chopped parsley.
- Form the meat mixture in 4-6 burgers. Reserve for later use.
- Pre-heat the grill; when hot, grill each mushroom until tender, about 6 minutes and reserve warm. Add the burgers one at a time and brown for 2-3 minutes; turn the burgers over and repeat the browning process, making sure the burgers reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Grill the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes on each side until tender.
- Add one slice of Swiss cheese to the burgers.
- Place one Portobello mushroom on a serving platter, add a burger and place the second mushroom on top. Serve immediately.
Posted in General