Veal Oscar, recipe courtesy of “Bobbi”, http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20670/veal-oscar/print/?recipeType=Recipe&servings=4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
“Sautéed veal medallions with crab and asparagus, topped with a cheese sauce. You can use a combination of cheeses instead of just cheddar, or even a store bought cheese sauce to save time.”
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds veal cutlets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 spears fresh asparagus
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- To Make Cheese Sauce: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in milk, and cook just until bubbles begin to form at the edges. Whisk in the shredded cheese until fully melted and smooth. Remove from heat, cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Pound the veal thinly using a mallet or the side of a moistened cleaver. Dredge cutlets in flour, shaking off the excess. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook cutlets in butter, 1 to 2 minutes a side, until browned. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Trim asparagus, and blanch by dropping in boiling water for 2 minutes, until bright green.
- Heat the cooked crabmeat in the microwave or by steaming over the asparagus water.
- To Assemble: Plate the veal; top with crabmeat; crisscross the asparagus over the top; and drizzle cheese sauce over all. Serve extra sauce on the side.
“Internal links within this document are funded and maintained by the Beef Checkoff. All other outgoing links are to websites maintained by third parties.”
Posted in Meal Ideas with Veal