- For the ketchup: Prepare the red pepper ketchup by first roasting the red peppers in a hot oven, under a broiler, or over an open flame, turning often until the skin is wrinkled and the peppers are tender.
- Transfer peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and rest for 10 minutes. Peel skin, remove seeds and stem, then cut into chunks.
- Heat canola oil in a medium sauté pan. Sweat jalapenos, onions, and garlic until softened. Reduce heat and add sugar, cider vinegar, and roasted peppers. Simmer for about 5 minutes and then let cool.
- Place ingredients in blender or small food processor and puree until smooth, reaching ketchup like consistency
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- For the veal: Blot veal dry, season both sides with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper, then dredge in flour. Set aside. Repeat with rest of veal cutlets.
- Heat oil in sauté pan, on medium heat, until shimmering.
- Sauté cutlets in oil until golden brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- To assemble sandwich: Cut ciabatta rolls in half. Place the sautéed veal on the bottom half of roll and top (in order) with pepper ketchup, arugula, tomato and top of roll.
Nutrition information per serving: 500 k/Cal; 40 g protein; 63 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 10 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 96 mg cholesterol; 576 mg sodium.