Recipe Developed by: Shelby Ruttan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar substitute, and mustard. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the veal, coconut flour, chicken broth, eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- For the large heart, place meatloaf mixture on cookie sheet and shape into a heart shape. To do this flatten the mixture slightly, narrowing it at the bottom for the heart V. Press your thumb into the center of the top of meatloaf mixture to create an indentation. Pat and shape the loaf into a heart.
- For the mini loaves, divide meatloaf mixture into six equal parts. Follow directions in #4 for shaping.
- Top meatloaf mixture with ketchup topping and using back of a spoon, spread it out to the shape of a heart.
- Place meatloaf in preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- While meatloaf is in the oven, you can make your bacon “hearts.” For the large meatloaf, you will need two slices of thick cut bacon. Line a microwaveable plate with a paper towel and lay bacon slices on top of paper towel in a heart shape. Cover with another paper towel and microwave for 2 to 2-½ minutes on high, until bacon has crisped up. You may need more or less time depending on the wattage of your microwave.
- You will use the same method in #9 for the small hearts, however you will cut the three slices of bacon in half lengthwise first, then cut them in half. This will make 6 mini hearts.
- Remove meatloaf from oven. Let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to serving platter and top with bacon hearts and cilantro garnish.