Recipe by: Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 4 veal loin chops, 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, zest then juiced
- 5-6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons of dried
- Place the veal chops on a large dish or platter then drizzle with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Season with the lemon zest and thyme. Let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large oven safe sauté pan or roasting pan large enough to hold the chops in a single layer over medium-high heat. Melt 4 to 5 tablespoons of the butter along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once really hot add the veal chops to sear each side for about 3 minutes (only flip once).
- Add small cubes of the remaining butter on the veal.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F for medium and 170 degrees F for well-done.
Posted in General