Veal Scallops with Cranberry-Citrus Compote, recipe courtesy of http://www.food.com/recipe/veal-scallops-with-cranberry-citrus-compote-254761
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries (1 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces veal scallops, thin
- 1 green onion, minced
- Combine dried cranberries and boiling water in small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add orange juice, bourbon, orange peel and ginger, stir to blend. (Can be made 3 hours ahead; Cover cranberry mixture and let stand at room temperature).
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season veal with salt and pepper.
- Add veal to skillet and sauté until brown and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Using tongs, transfer veal to plates.
- Add cranberry mixture to skillet and cook until mixture thickens, scraping up any browned bits, about 1 minute.
- Mix in green onion.
- Season compote with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over veal.
“Internal links within this document are funded and maintained by the Beef Checkoff. All other outgoing links are to websites maintained by third parties.”
Posted in 30 Minute Meals