Veal Piccata with Parsley and Capers, recipe courtesy of http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/veal-piccata-with-parsley-and-capers-recipe.html
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 veal cutlets, pounded thin
- Lemon pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- Lemon slices and parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Season the veal with salt and lemon pepper and then dredge in flour. Pat off excess flour.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté veal cutlets for 2 minutes per side and remove to plate.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add wine, lemon juice, and capers and bring to boil; cook until reduced by half.
- Return to a simmer and stir in butter and parsley until butter has melted and is incorporated into sauce.
- Return veal cutlets to pan and coat with sauce.
- Transfer to serving plate and top with any remaining sauce. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs.
“Internal links within this document are funded and maintained by the Beef Checkoff. All other outgoing links are to websites maintained by third parties.”
Posted in 30 Minute Meals