Veal Oscar with Béarnaise Sauce recipe courtesy of http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/food/2016/08/24/1-veal-oscar-with-bernaise-sauce.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 pieces veal cutlet, eye of round or top round
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
- Béarnaise sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoon chopped chervil
- 2 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- Sprig of thyme
- Piece of bay leaf
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 stick plus 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted and clarified
- Season the veal with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan. Brown the veal for 3 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the veal on a heated serving dish. Top the veal with hot jumbo lump crab meat. Finish with Béarnaise sauce.
- Put the shallots, chervil, tarragon, thyme, bay leaf, vinegar and salt and pepper in a pan. Cook and reduce by two thirds, then allow to cool slightly. Mix egg yolks with 1 tablespoon water, add to pan and whisk over a very low heat. As soon as the egg yolks have thickened, add melted clarified butter, a little at a time in a continuous stream, whisking continuously.
Béarnaise Sauce PER SERVING: 252 calories, 2 g protein, 1 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugars, 27 g fat (16 saturated), 158 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium
Veal Oscar PER SERVING: 518 calories, 34 g protein, 1 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugars, 43 g fat (22 saturated), 269 mg cholesterol, 654 mg sodium
“Internal links within this document are funded and maintained by the Beef Checkoff. All other outgoing links are to websites maintained by third parties.”
Posted in Meal Ideas with Veal