Veal Cutlets in Pomegranate Sauce, courtesy of http://eatsmarter.com/recipes/veal-cutlets-in-pomegranate-sauce?utm_content=buffer25443&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Golden raisins
- ½ cup Pomegranate juice
- 3 Red onions
- 3 sprig Parsley
- 6 Veal cutlets
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- ¾ cup dark Veal stock
- Soak the raisins in the pomegranate juice.
- Peel the red onions and cut into wedges.
- Rinse the parsley, shake dry, pluck leaves and finely chop.
- Place veal cutlets between layers of plastic wrap and pound to an even thinness with a meat mallet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over high heat. Cook the cutlets until browned, about 1 minute on each side. Remove from pan, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Cook the onions until translucent, stirring frequently, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pomegranate juice with raisins to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the veal stock and cook over medium heat until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Return cutlets to the pan along with the parsley and cook just until heated through. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
“Internal links within this document are funded and maintained by the Beef Checkoff. All other outgoing links are to websites maintained by third parties.”
Posted in 30 Minute Meals