(Makes 4 servings – 2 tacos each)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add the ground veal, chili powder, cumin and adobo spice and cook until lightly brown.
- Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook until the vegetables are translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes and continue to cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Season with the piloncillo, chipotle, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in the masa harina and cook for another 3 minutes on low heat to thicken the mixture. Set aside.
- To assemble the tacos, divide the taco meat into 8 taco shells, about 1/4 cup per shell. Sprinkle on cheese and roasted peppers. Place tacos in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and sour cream.
Nutritional Information per serving
|k/Cal||Protein (g)||Carb (g)||Fiber (g)||Fat (g)||Sat Fat (g)||Chol (mg)||Sodium (mg)|