Winning Recipe 2013 Recipe Contest!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness, if necessary.
2. Combine tomatoes and pesto in small bowl, tossing to mix well; set aside.
3. Place flour in shallow dish. Beat eggs, milk and salt and pepper, as desired, in second shallow dish until blended. Place bread crumbs in third shallow dish. Dip each cutlet into flour, then into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs to coat both sides.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place half of cutlets in skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and veal is cooked through, turning once. Remove cutlets; place on baking sheet. Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and cutlets.
5. Place 1 slice cheese on each cutlet. Bake in 350°F oven until cheese is melted. Transfer cutlets to plate and evenly top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with Pignoli, if desired.