Recipe developed by the students and faculty of the Art Institute of Philadelphia.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pat veal cheeks dry with paper towel, season with salt and pepper then brown on all sides.
- Remove meat and place in roasting pan.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and pour into roasting pan with remaining ingredients.
- Cover the cheeks with veal stock and place parchment paper directly on top of the meat.
- Cover with foil and braise for 2.5 hours.
- Remove meat from liquid and allow to rest.
- Strain and reduce braising liquid to 1/4 of starting amount.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed. Slice cheeks and return to liquid until ready for use.
- Topped warmed tortillas with meat and salsa verde. Garnish with cilantro and onion.
Instructions (salsa verde)
- Purée all ingredients in a blender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition information per serving: 870 calories; 34 g protein; 223 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 19.5 g fat; 12 g saturated fat; 98.5 mg cholesterol; 477 mg sodium; 426 mg potassium; 24g sugar