Classic Veal Parmesan, recipe courtesy of http://southernfood.about.com/od/vealcutlets/r/bln577.htm
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Total Time: 43 minutes
- 4 veal cutlets (about 1 pound)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- olive oil for frying
- freshly grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces sliced Mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4). Lightly grease a shallow 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle cutlets with salt and pepper, lightly dredge in flour. Dip cutlets in beaten egg, then seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place breaded cutlets in the hot pan and fry them for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Place the browned cutlets in the baking pan and sprinkle with a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over them and then sprinkle with the dried basil. Arrange the mozzarella cheese slices over the cutlets and bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve the cutlets and sauce with spaghetti, linguine, or angel hair pasta, along with garlic bread and a tossed salad. Be sure to offer more Parmesan cheese at the table.
“Internal links within this document are funded and maintained by the Beef Checkoff. All other outgoing links are to websites maintained by third parties.”
Posted in General