Baked Veal Milanese, recipe courtesy of DaniCook914, http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228243/baked-veal- milanese/print/?recipeType=Recipe&servings=4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
“This meal is great for a quick dinner after work. Veal comes out of oven moist and delicious! I paired with baked yams and broccoli. All ingredients are commonly found in the house and can be put together last minute.”
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) thinly-sliced veal cutlets
- 1 1/2 cups arugula, divided
- 4 tablespoons golden raisins, divided
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk egg, lemon juice, and milk in a small bowl. Place flour in a separate shallow bowl; mix Italian crumbs, pecorino Romano cheese, and adobo seasoning in a third bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dredge each veal piece in flour, dip in egg mixture, and press into bread crumb mixture to coat both sides. Pan-fry the breaded veal cutlets in the hot oil until crumbs are lightly browned and coating is set, about 1 minute per side. Transfer veal to a baking dish.
- Bake cutlets in the preheated oven until juices run clear, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer veal onto 4 serving plates and top each cutlet with 1/4 of the arugula; sprinkle raisins over the arugula. Drizzle a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon olive oil over each serving.
“Internal links within this document are funded and maintained by the Beef Checkoff. All other outgoing links are to websites maintained by third parties.”
Posted in General