Artichoke Veal Chops, courtesy of http://www.food.com/recipe/artichoke-veal-chops-180294
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 48 minutes
- 4 (6 ounce) lean veal chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sliced sweet pepper, orange, red and yellow
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Trim fat from veal chops. Rub cracked pepper over chops.
- Coat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chops, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chops from skillet; set aside.
- Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
- Place green pepper and next 4 ingredients in skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts. Return chops to skillet, spooning artichoke mixture over veal chops. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until veal is tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
“Internal links within this document are funded and maintained by the Beef Checkoff. All other outgoing links are to websites maintained by third parties.”
Posted in General